The dude on the left is dropping sarin gas

writing about what I view of the channel that shows our decision makers at work

Friday, August 10, 2007

I have pondered as of late the possibility of living in the country, as I tire of the traffic, the noise the polluted air of the city. Polluted air, just stare at the horizon while biking down franklin during bumper to bumper traffic. Noise, there is a machine shop near my house and I can hear them grinding metal if I listen closely, hmong immigrants living the american dream on the overnight shift, I don't know if the american dream comes in a nocturnal version but if not then they were sold a rotten bag of goods. Traffic, I hate it to the core, I even have been getting less of a satisfaction passing cars now worried that some jerk will switch lanes without signaling as I try and weave past him, or the red lights as I run them i think constantly what I will do if accosted by the police.

I want some dark nights without street lights, and no proper window shades will not do. I want a place where the moons brightness will drastically effect the night landscape. I want the song birds in the morning to be singing from a tree of a canopy, not a powerline. sappy like a vermont tree running thick. I want a place where the incline of biking drives fire into the thighs.

I used to work at a sub shop late at night and even driving home at 3 in the morning was different from minneapolis, Only a hand full of occasions during heavy snow have I been out at night and felt alone, felt that the other stragglers I saw were of the same cloth as me, who were observers in the night not participants of anything. How do you get back to it, to being in a world filled with more observers than perticipants. Watch, Clock, Look, Time, Stare, when?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A skeptical NBA fanatic who tries to raise children by say and wait tables by night. Making jokes is a side hobby and puns are specialty. Reads news, thinks about city planning, transportation, and why anything exists.