The dude on the left is dropping sarin gas

writing about what I view of the channel that shows our decision makers at work

Friday, August 03, 2007

I was at work when the 35IW went down, an hour and a half later I was cut from work, and thought I should scout the area, most of which to see the circus of gawker. The technology was out in full swing, nothing says tragedy like mass technology, cell phones with cameras, cameras with cameras. There weren't enough people crying to make it feel like a movie, actually I only saw one or two people with tears, I'm sure all the cryers stayed home to silently sob to the voice of Don Shelby. I walked the stone arch bridge crammed with people like there was going to be a fireworks show. Families students bums, everyone loves mayhem, fuck Raymond. Then a quick route up university ave also crammed with people who were sidestepping police attendants like they were lepers.
I can imagine many a suburban police officers blood was pumping this being their chance to be a hero rather then the slightly overweight guy who hassles impoverished and young people hanging around the city. sweat dripping off their perfectly trimmed crew cut.
Many gawker on the phone a man exclaiming "yeah I'm right here in the heart of it!"
I split to the nearest southern walking bridge on the U of M campus. There I saw a handful of familiar faces, hundreds of people gazing into the river the river they get their drink from, that allows them to flush, the river of mark twain now swallowing up vehicles that tried to conquer nature with technology.I imagine they hope to see a body somewhere. Reassuring me that we are just all curious animals with a little bit bigger brain then the rest.
On a brighter side, many more bikes in the city, business is booming in that industry, minneapolis will become a biketropolis without it's interstate. But I've chosen a helmet in these tumultuous times. Zooming through the lanes of slowed cars I fear the door creeping out in front of me or the non-existent signaling lane change.

Crisis Precipitate Change

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A skeptical NBA fanatic who tries to raise children by say and wait tables by night. Making jokes is a side hobby and puns are specialty. Reads news, thinks about city planning, transportation, and why anything exists.